The main mission of the House of Recruitment of the Royal Alcazars of Seville, since its founding in 1503, was to manage and regulate trade and maritime transport with the Spanish territories located across the Atlantic Ocean. The Hiring House was initially installed in the Atarazanas of Seville, but that place was exposed to floods and was detrimental to the merchandise, so it was soon moved to the Royal Alcazar, and there it was installed in the Admirals room, until which was transferred to Cádiz in 1717. In 1543 it was when the Merchant's Consulate was created in Seville, the Lonja House as it was called in the old Sevillian documents, the Stock Exchange as the travelers of the XVI-XVIII centuries call it, or the Consulate as it will be called in the 19th century. The Consulate assumed a considerable part of the civil jurisdiction over its members, which formerly exercised the Hiring House. Until that date, lawsuits and lawsuits between merchants were held in the Contracting House. But in 1543 they got the creation of a Consulate like that of Burgos and like the Lonja de Valencia. The immense and very important documentation collected in the Hiring House with all these reports constitutes today the Archivo de Indias, which is in the building of the Lonja House in Seville.